Wednesday, September 24, 2014

9/24/14: 1814.7 to 1825.3 miles: Starting 28 day challenge

Buy on Amazon
Virtual Hike
The animated map program wandered off course today, so I posted the weather map to show the location.

Yesterday was the first day of my lunar cycle training program. I was going to start tomorrow, but I couldn't wait. The details are in the past few posts.

From now on, I'll include a chart at the end of each post to show my progress.

The training cycle limited my morning walk to 4.8 miles instead of my normal 5.1 miles. This meant I had to explore a new route. I found these solar panels behind the University. I don't recall being in this area before.

It was difficult to limit my miles this morning because I wanted to walk more. I'll get my chance in a couple weeks.

I'm participating in a 30 day blogging challenge. This morning, Fiona Sefton showed an example of a word cloud. You can see her post here. I hunted around the internet and found a program to make a word cloud. I listed some terms that have to do with walking and this is what happened.

I think making a word cloud is a good brainstorming activity. 

These are some of the results of walking. To make success happen, I track the activities that make  success happen. For walking, that's the number of miles walked. 

Wish me luck on my next 28 days.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog post. I always enjoy your writing. Good luck with your blog challenge and your lunar cycle training. I like the word cloud, maybe you would be willing to share the program that you found to create it? I would really like to make a few of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna,

    Thanks for the good wishes. I found the program here: http://danielsoper.com/wordcloud/default.aspx

    Johnny Walking Seed

    ReplyDelete