Friday, December 26, 2014

A Few Days of Rest: 2764.2 to 2785.9: 12/26/14


Buy on Amazon
Virtual Hike
Animated Street View
Today's Weather
Completed Segment 41

The route follows 85 south in north west South Dakota. The shoulder is wide the whole way.

There are few spots to stealth camp. It crosses a bridge over a creek about 2/3 of the way. This appears to be the only place that gives privacy. There may be some spots on some side roads, but they might lead to private property.


A Few Days of Rest

I knew it would happen eventually. I've been pushing hard for a few weeks and developed a minor pain on the top of my right foot. I decided to take a rest day, but it took three days of rest before it was completely better. The fourth day of rest was laziness.

This is an example of taking a rest day as soon as a minor pain develops. If I'd done that, I probably would have only missed one day of walking instead of four.

On the last day of rest, my calf muscles started to get sore. I expected something like this based on a book I read by Joe Henderson. He said these new pains during rest periods are the body repairing itself. They didn't give any problems during my walk this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment