Thursday, April 19, 2012

Miles 646.6 to 655

Miles Today: 8.44
Map Way Points: F to G 
Google Map 


There are a couple of theories I've had that I'm starting to confirm. Everyone is different, so others might confirm a different theory for them.

There is some daily mileage where the body does not dip into reserves and it will recover completely before the next day. For me, this mileage seems to be a little bit more than 7 road miles, this number will increase. As long as I don't go too much more than this base mileage, I don't need to take any days off. It may not be a perfect way to train, but I prefer to walk everyday.

I've also decided combat boots are the best all around footwear for hiking. The little bit of extra weight  is made up by a lot of extra comfort. The least expensive Danner boot in this style is not much more than the normal price for a good quality hiking shoe.


I saw that goose over by The Green Store again. I'm wondering if there is a problem with its wing. It now craps all over the sidewalk which is fine with me. It seems to enjoy posing for pictures, too.


Tom and I spent 3 hours at the Mandarin which is all you can eat Chinese food. I ate constantly the whole time and I could have eaten more. I guess the food mood has started.

In the evening I walked to the east side of the University. It started raining so I got the opportunity to walk 1.5 miles back a steady rain. My rain gear worked fine.

That desert horizon keeps drawing me. One day, I'll walk to it before it gets too warm. It's probably about 3 miles or so.


Virtual Hike End of Day Picture




TransAmerica Virtual Hike



Name Distance
BernieS 846.7 mi
Carol H.W 845.5 mi
LarryB 838.8 mi
AshleyA 826.2 mi
RebeccaJ 825.7 mi
GaryT 807.7 mi
PatM 805.8 mi
JohnA 786.7 mi
LamontA 779.7 mi
johnd 778.8 mi
AnnF 777.9 mi
RamonaH 775.6 mi
DanaA 771.0 mi
JohnZ 764.8 mi
LT 751.8 mi
sarah w 745.5 mi
MarilynrH 742.5 mi
SHIRLEYE 741.4 mi
SusanP 737.8 mi
JoyJ 728.2 mi


No comments:

Post a Comment