Sunday, September 7, 2014

9/7/14: 1667.1 miles to 1676.3 miles: Calm among the Rushin's

Buy on Amazon
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Amazon
Animated Street View

For some reason, the animated street view wanders off the route on the northern half. The route continues on 385.


The leaves are starting to change. Fall is coming, and before long all the fall colors will be here. The next two or three months should be perfect for walking. 


The wheels are hidden in the grass. I've been thinking of designing a next generation Wilson designed especially for road walking. This looks like a donut cart, probably lost by the local police.

Ideally, Wilson could be a little narrower and a little longer. This would make it easier to push on roads with slightly narrower shoulders. 

The bottom should be strong enough to hold about 125 pounds. That's the biggest negative on the pushcart I have now. 

The wheels should be 20 or even 24 inches. They should mount about 1/3 of the way from the back so the greater part of the weight will be on the big wheels. A single eight inch swiveling wheel in the front would likely work well.

Traffic Noises
As I was walking on the sidewalk along a busy road, I was stricken with how much noise there is from the traffic. Everyone seemed in a hurry to get someplace. Then I realized that when I'm in the same traffic, I don't feel like I'm in a hurry. I'm wrapped in a cocoon of relative silence compared to walking.

My destination was McDonald's for a cup of coffee. While drinking the coffee, I started to write in my notebook about everyone who was rushing by in their cars without realizing how frenetic they appeared. While writing, I realized I was the one who was Rushin'. I was enjoying the pause to write in my journal. On the way home, everyone in their cars seemed relaxed. I was the one who changed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment