Miles Today: 7.49
Map waypoints: F to G
Picture of the day
1. I like to walk.
2. I'm a numbers person and I like to track things.
3. It keeps me in shape for backpacking.
4. It gives a reason to go out in all kinds of weather.
5. I meet a lot of people along the way.
6. It gives me a reason to visit different parts of town.
7. It gives me a reason to take pictures.
8. Blogging each day gives me something to do besides aimlessly surf the internet.
9. It gives me time to think. I am more creative when walking.
10 The blog gives me places to save pictures.
11. The pictures from Google Street view give me a general idea of what different parts of the country look like.
12. It keeps my mind off worries that really are not that important.
13. It gives me a break from important concerns so I can come back to them with a fresh outlook.
14. As I invest more into logging the hike, it makes it harder to quit walking.
15. I have some nice boots to wear out.
16. It gives me a reason to take walking breaks during the day.
17. I get to try out my backpacking clothes in bad weather.
18. I notice the passing seasons more.
19. It gives me something to do while I put off doing more important things.
20. When I hike in the woods, it will give me a place to save the trail maps, descriptions of the trails and pictures.
Krister and I tried going to the desert this morning again. But I got confused on the dirt "roads" and we ended up in a different place that wasn't interesting. We decided to just come home.
After an all you can eat lunch at the Mandarin, I went for a walk up to the univeristy which is a little over a mile away. I saw Anthony practicing on the outdoor stage and asked if I coul video him.
The reason I went to the university was to take a picture of the fountain, so here it is.