Monday, August 11, 2014

8/9 - 8/10/14: 1464.3 to 1473.4 and 1473.4 to 1482.5 miles. Goodwin Lake



This weekend, my son and I backpacked to Goodwin Lake near Westcliffe, CO. The miles get exaggerated by the pedometer when hiking in the mountains. I figure the effort per step is about the same, so I log the miles as the pedometer counts them. This is a steep trail which kicks my butt every time I hike it, but I love Goodwin Lake, so I keep going back.

The wildflowers were the best I've ever seen them in Colorado thanks to plenty of rain this summer. I wasn't into taking pictures this trip, so there aren't too many.







On the virtual hike, these legs are short of places to get water.  The roads are next to a lake, so I'll have to find out if the water is drinkable with filtering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment