Saturday, September 27, 2014

9/27/14: 1838.5 to 1846.2 miles - Habit Stacking for Success!

Buy on Amazon
Virtual Hike

The virtual route passes through Dayton, Washington. They have the oldest existing passenger train station in Washington. They also have the oldest continuously used courthouse. 

Main Street has the stereotypical railroad town buildings from the late 1880's to early 1900's. I love the old Main Street look  with their window displays and awnings. 

As I passed the Loaf 'N Jug this  morning, I had a feeling something special was about to happen. I was a little tired from the walking the past few days, so I knew it wasn't going to be a fast walk.

Special happened when I met the Kiosk.


The Kiosk gave me an idea for a new blog.

Walking impregnates Creativity.


Habit Stacking
The chart tracks my walking. How can I track my book writing and blogging?


I decided to stack two work habits with my walking. The top activity is walking. It is the most important activity because it impregnates creativity.

Completed activities are green. Intentionally missed activities are white. Unintentionally missed activities are red.

Each activity has a value in the left column based on their relative importance. The points are all or nothing.

The right column is the month to date average for each activity and for the combined activities.

Please comment:
How do your habits stack up? 






No comments:

Post a Comment